In this article you will learn how to manage and evaluate your shared presentations and sessions.
Tracking of shared content
The receiver of a shared link can open it in their browser (we recommend using Google Chrome here). Afterwards, depending on the settings during sharing (see Share Presentations), an input mask will appear, asking the link recipient to enter his or her email address. By clicking the button "continue anonymously" this input can be skipped.
The email address is requested so that presono users who have created the link and want to evaluate the release can individually assign the usage activity.
Overview of all released links or contents
As a user of presono, the overview of all released content can be accessed via the main menu "shared content" on the left.
Note: you have access to the shared contents you have created yourself as well as to all shared contents you are allowed to see based on your individual rights configuration (as with sessions).
The list view shows all shared contents. You can identify the type of content, (whether it is a session or a presentation) (1), by whom it was created (2) as well as some essential information, such as how often the link has already been accessed (3), when the link was created (4) and how long the link is remaining valid (or if it has already expired) (5).
Note: The default setting for the initial release duration (validity of the link) is defined by the administrator in the settings (configurations). Find more about this here: Manage rights & groups and Settings.
The options next to the information about the remaining validity period allow you to change the settings for this specific sharing:
- Cancelling the share: Clicking on this button prevents further use of the shared session or presentation. (1)
- Changing the sharing duration: By clicking here, you can reduce or increase the number of additional valid days in the appearing dialog box. (2)
- Accessing the link: The dialog box behind this button allows you to view the link. It can be viewed again at any time and sent again. (3)
There are additional settings when sending a link:
- Start automatically: If this option is selected, then the presentation will automatically start in full screen mode as soon as the recipient clicks on the link. The Slide overview is thus skipped.
- Skip email inquery: With this option, the recipient remains anonymous, so to speak. The query for the recipient's email address is skipped and thus does not have to be filled in or clicked away.
- Autoplay: This will automatically start the presentation in full screen mode and after the specified time it will automatically switch to the next Slide.
- Disable download of shared content as PDF: this will not allow the Session or Presentation to be downloaded as a PDF, but only viewed and played in the link.
- Disable download of included PDFs: with this option no PDFs can be downloaded from Slides in this link.
- Slide transition: here you can choose between the usual Slide transitions that have been enabled in the tool.
- Choose language: Also, you can set a language already when sharing. If you don't set one, the user can choose for split presentations and for split sessions the language you used to present will be used.
- Rename the session/presentation
Detailed evaluations of released sessions or presentations
If you click on one of the entries in the list overview, you will get to the detailed view of this one shared presentation or session.
In the detailed view several information can be accesed: the title of the shared session or presentation (1), the remaining sharing duration (2), the option to abort the share (3), to adjust the duration (4) or to access the sharing link again (5). In addition, there is a list of all visitors (6), a bar chart (7) for displaying the link calls and a list of all slides actually viewed (8).
In the list of all visitors (6), all visitors over time are displayed. Individual email addresses are counted as one individual user. All visitors without email input are summarized as "anonymous". You can see how often the user has clicked on the link and how many slides have been viewed. How long the visitor used the link and the average time spent on a slide as well as the date of the last access.
The visitors can also be selected individually by clicking on it, and the numbers will be adjusted accordingly.
The stacked bar chart (7) shows the temporality on the X-axis, i.e. a bar appears for each day of the duration or the days on which the link was opened. This bar consists of several stacked areas (one colour per user) for each user who clicked on the link on that day.
The list of slides viewed (8) lists the following key figures: How often was the slide viewed? How long was the average viewing time? How long was the slide viewed or opened in total? This list can be limited to one user by filtering or selecting a single user in the user list.
Extend expired links
When the button is clicked by someone externally, the "Request Extension" button will appear.
A window will appear where you can enter your mail address and a message to the recipient. After that a mail will be sent to you.
You will receive an email with the requesting person's message and you can go directly to the sharing tool to perform the extension.
Here you can also see that there is a request for extension. Click on it.
Here you will see all requests. As soon as you have extended the sharing, you can click on "reply automatically". The sender will receive an email telling him that the link is now valid again.
You might also be interested in: