In this article you will learn how to create a presentation.
This article contains some features that are not included in all packages. More information on this can be found on our pricing page.
To create a new presentation, click "New" (1) directly on the dashboard or in the content structure at the top right and then "Create new presentation" (2).
If you start from the dashboard, you have the possibility to create a new presentation using a template set. To do so, click on the desired set in the area "Create presentation from set".
An overlay will open, giving you an overview of the templates in the template set you have chosen. If you are not yet satisfied with your selection, you can use the arrow buttons (1) to switch between the sets. To confirm your choice, click on "use this set" (2).
Afterwards you will be forwarded to the presentation.Now you can choose a layout (1) to create the first slide. When adding more new slides, the template set (2) is also preselected. Of course you can add existing slides and presentations based on another sets to your presentation as well. Changing the template set afterwards is also possible. Just click on the currently selected set (2) and make a new choice in the drop down menu.
To add slides to your presentation use the plus icon. A menu will open on the left side, similar to the content structure.
Now you can select slides and/or presentations and add them to your new presentation. Here you can of course use the search (1) as well as the filters (2), categories (2) and workspaces (2) to find your slides or presentations. When you have selected all of them, click on "insert" (4) in the upper right corner.
If you have not created the slide you want to insert before, you can click on the plus (3) at the top. If you have created your presentation from a template set, this set will be preselected. Otherwise select one from the drop down menu. After selecting the set, an overview of templates will open. If you have selected one of them, a slide will be created and inserted into the presentation. It is now ready to be filled with your content. To do so, click on the areas on the slide and insert text, for example.
On each slide you will also find a three-dot menu, which offers some additional options:
- Insert new Slide from copy: this function duplicates the current slide and inserts it. The slide can then be treated individually. You can change the title of the slide either directly on the left hand side or later when saving it.
- Insert same Slide again: this simply inserts the current slide once more, but without duplicating it. So you use the same slide a second time. If you make a change on one of the slides, the change will affect them both.
- Show metadata: this button opens the metadata of the slide, where you can get more information about the slides. You can see, for example, who was the creator of the slide or the last modification date.
- Set confidential: this will watermark your slide and it will not leave the system. If you share your presentation or session, this slide will be held back.
- Save slide: this allows you to save your slide directly without saving the whole presentation. Clicking on this button opens a save dialog for this slide.
- Save Slide as copy: this will duplicate and save the slide without changing the original slide.
- Remove Slide from Presentation: this will remove the slide from this presentation but don't worry: the slide will still be available, only in your presentation it will not appear anymore. Alternatively, you can use the delete key on your keyboard to delete the slide.
Arrange, delete & add slides
Now you can arrange your slides, delete them or add some more. You can change the order of your slides by drag and drop. If you want to delete a slide, select it and press the backspace or delete key on your keyboard. If you still want to add slides or presentations, click on the plus symbol (1) at the end of the presentation or above the first slide. You can also find this actions by opening the three dot menu (2).
When you're done, click "save" (3) in the upper right corner to save your new presentation.
Now you can give your presentation a name (1). There is always a workspace and a category (2) in which the presentation and the slides will be saved by default. If an existing slide was inserted into the presentation, it's location will not be changed. An already saved slide always keeps its category and workspace. All new content will be saved within the mentioned category and workspace (2).
If you have modified existing slides in your presentation, you will get a hint when saving (3). The effect of these changes is global. This means that these changes will be visible in every presentation where the modified slide is used. Therefore you have the possibility to open more options (4) and to save your changes as a copy of the original slide (5).
You also can choose another location for your presentation in the more options view.
The flag next to the title of a presentation indicates in which languages it is available. Click on it and switch to another language/flag to display the title in that language or translate it for the selected language. Exchange the title in the input field. If you now switch back to the previous flag, the title will be displayed in the original language.
If you have created new slides (1), you can choose also for them where to save.
If you want to set different locations for the individual slides, select the option "Separate locations for each slide" (2).
After saving your presentation you have some more possibilities:
- You can now click the flag symbol (1) next to the title of your presentation to switch between the translations. You can find out more about translations here: Present in other languages
- The star icon (2) marks the current presentation as favorite. So it is always at your fingertips on the dashboard. Read more here: Share, duplicate, translate, favor or delete a presentation
- Right next to it you will find an information symbol(3). This icon calls up the metadata of your presentation. There you will find the following information:
- Who created the presentation
- When the presentation was created and when it was last changed
- You can view and change who should be responsible for the presentation (and receive feedback and notifications of changes).
- With the feedback button (4) you can send feedback (concerning the slide or the whole presentation) to the responsible person. This is especially useful if you don't have the permission to make changes at the slide or presentation yourself and want to suggest a change. Read more here: Manage Notifications & Messages
- Next to it there is a share symbol (5) with which you can immediately share your prepared presentation. You can find out more here: Share, duplicate, translate, favor or delete a presentation
At the "Start" button (6) you will also find a drop-down menu. There you can choose if you want to start the presentation from the first slide, the current slide (if you are not standing on the first slide) or if you want to start the Presenter Mode. More about the presenter view can be found here: Presenter Mode and Second Screen
On the right you will find the "Save" button. Click on the arrow next to the save button to get more save options in a drop-down menu.
On the bottom left you will find an overview of all shortcuts (7) in the presentation editor.
On the bottom right, you can create notes (8) for your slide. Read more here: Notes in presono
You might also be interested in: