In this article you will learn how to create a presentation.
This article contains some features that are not included in all packages. More information on this can be found on our pricing page.
To create a new presentation, click "New" (1) directly on the dashboard or in the content structure at the top right and then "Create presentation" (2).
If you start from the dashboard, you have the possibility to create a new presentation using a template set. To do so, click on the desired set in the area "Create presentation from set".
(Image Dashboard, area "Create presentation from set" marked)
An overlay will open, giving you an overview of the templates in the template set you have chosen. If you are not yet satisfied with your selection, you can use the arrow buttons (1) to switch between the sets. To confirm your choice, click on "use this set" (2).
(Image with TemplateSet overview overlay; arrow buttons and "Apply Set" numbered)
Afterwards you will be forwarded to the presentation. There is already a start slide (1) in the design of your choice in it. When adding new slides, the template set (2) is also preselected. Of course you can add existing slides and presentations based on another set to your presentation as well. Changing the template set afterwards is also no problem. Just click on the currently selected set (2) and make a new choice in the drop down menu.
(Image numbered in Presentation Editor, First Slide and Template Set)
To add slides to your presentation click on the plus icon on the left. A menu will open on the left side, similar to the content structure.
Now you can select slides and/or presentations and add them to your new presentation. Here you can of course use the search (1) as well as the filters (2), categories (2) and workspaces (2) to find your slides or presentations. When you have selected all of them, click on "insert" (4) in the upper right corner.
If you have not created the slide you want to insert before, you can click on the plus (3) at the top. If you have created your presentation from a template set, this set will be preselecteds. Otherwise select one from the drop down menu. After selecting the set, an overview of templates will open. If you have selected one of them, a slide will be created and inserted into the presentation. It is now ready to be filled with your content. To do so, click on the areas on the slide and insert text, for example.
(Select image template Drop-Down)
(Image new slide inserted in presentation, typing text in Headline or so)
Arrange, delete & add slides
Now you can arrange your slides, delete them or add some more. You can either change the order of your slides with drag and drop or use the corresponding arrow keys (1) in the lower left corner. If you want to delete a slide, select it and click on the minus symbol(1) in the lower left corner. If you still want to add slides or presentations, click on the plus symbol (2) at the end of the presentation or click on the plus symbol at the bottom left (1). When you're done, click "create" (3) in the upper right corner to save your new presentation.
(updaten, zahlen markieren)
Now you can give your presentation a name (1). There is always a workspace and a category (2) in which the presentation and the slides will be saved by default. If an existing slide was inserted into the presentation, it's location will not be changed. An already saved slide always keeps its category and workspace. All new content will be saved within the mentioned category and workspace (2). If you have modified existing slides in your presentation, you will get a hint when saving (3). The effect of these changes is global. This means that these changes will be visible in every presentation where the modified slide is used. Therefore you have the possibility to save your changes as a copy of the original slide (4). If you want to save your slides in different categories and workspaces, you can do this under "show more options" (5).
You now have the possibility to choose a location for your presentation (1). Switch to the "new slides" (2) to assign them a workspace and categories.
(More options Image Presentations Tab, New Slides Tab highlighted)
If you want to set different locations for the individual slides, select the option "Separate locations for each slide" (1). The flag (2) next to the title of a slide indicates in which languages it is available. Click on it and switch to another language/flag to display the title in that language or translate it for the selected language. Exchange the title in the input field. If you now switch back to the previous flag, the title will be displayed in the original language.
(Image new slides in the save dialag, functions number 1-2)
Once you have saved your presentation, more buttons will appear in the toolbar at the top:
- On the left you can now click on the flag symbol next to the title of your presentation to switch between the translations. You can find out more about translations here: Present in other languages
- Further to the right you will find a star. This star marks the current presentation as favorite. So it is always at your fingertips on the dashboard. Read more here: Share, duplicate, translate, favor or delete a presentation
- Right next to it you will find an information symbol. This icon calls up the metadata of your presentation. There you will find the following information:
- Who created the presentation
- When the presentation was created and when it was last changed
- You can view and change who should be responsible for the presentation (and receive feedback and notifications of changes).
- With the feedback button you can send a feedback on the slide or the whole presentation to the responsible person. This is especially useful if you don't have write permission on the slide or presentation yourself and want to suggest a change. Read more here: Manage Notifications & Messages
- Next to it there is a share symbol with which you can immediately share your prepared presentation. You can find out more here: Share, duplicate, translate, favor or delete a presentation
- The "Present Now" button also has a drop-down menu. There you can choose if you want to start the presentation from the first slide, or the current slide (if you are not on the first slide) or if you want to start the presenter mode.
Now the Presenter view opens in a new window with the following contents:
- Duration of the presentation(1) (Starts as soon as the presentation is started)
- Current (2) and next slide (3)
- Preview of all slides (4) in the presentation (these are also clickable)
Drag this window onto your laptop and the normal persono window onto the projector or screen on which you want to present. Now all you have to do is start the presentation by selecting "start".
(Bild Präsentation starten)
You can now navigate by clicking the arrow icons in the presenter mode or using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
If you want to access additional content during the presentation, you can do so using the enter menu. Since the enter menu opens on the second screen, you can hide the insertion of additional content from your audience. A detailed description of the Enter menu can be found here: What is the Enter Menu?
On the right you will find the "save"-button. This will update your presentation if you have changed anything. If you click on the arrow next to the "save"-button, you get a drop down menu with several saving possibilities.
You might also be interested in: