To start a presentation in presentation mode, you need two screens. Open a presentation from the contents and click on the drop down menu at the top right corner next to the start button.
Click on "Open Presenter View". A second window will open, which you can drag and drop to your first screen (e.g. your laptop) and maximize.
In the desktop app, maximizing the window happens automatically on the primary screen! All you have to do is click "Start"!
Click on "Start" on the main screen (e.g. projector) to start the presentation.
(view on projector)
In the window on your laptop you now have several options:
- Enter menu: You can either open the Enter menu with the Enter key on your keyboard, or you can click on the folder icon in the upper left corner. In presentation mode only you can see the Enter menu, the viewers only see the current slide on the projector.
- Elapsed time on the slide/presentation: Here you will see how long ago you started the presentation (top) and also how long you have been showing the current slide (bottom).
- Change language: by clicking on the flag you can open the translations of the presentation (if they have already been created). You can find more information here: Present in other languages
- Swap screens: by clicking this button the windows for the two screens are swapped. So if you display the window with the options on the beamer, you can switch screens here and thus move the window to your laptop, the presentation will then move to the main screen.
- End presentation: with this button you can end the presentation at this point. The Presenter view window will be closed and you will switch to the session of the presentation just shown. Alternatively, you can also end the presentation by using the Enter menu or the Esc key on your keyboard.
- Current time: in the upper right corner you will find a display of the current time.
- Navigation in the presentation: at the bottom you will find the next and the last slide. By clicking on the slide or on "next" you can move on without using the keyboard or a presenter. Alternatively, you can use the spacebar and arrow keys on your keyboard. More about this here: Navigation through the presentation
(view on laptop)
You also have a notes area on the right with various options:
- Hide notes: if you click on the eye icon, you can completely hide the notes area on the right. By clicking again on the note icon, you can show the notes again.
- Change font size: By clicking on the two buttons, you can make the font of the notes bigger or smaller, depending on the size of your screen.
- personal notes: here you will find your personal notes, first those for all presentations and then those for this presentation only.
- global notes: here you will find the notes, for all users. First those for all presentations and then those that are only stored for this presentation.
You might also be interested in: