Here you can find out all about the functions that help you to find content more easily in the Content Structure!
Colors & Symbols
The following illustration shows all symbols for all content types in presono including their color coding:
The content strucutre offers some options to search, find and create desired content.
Search & Find
The main function of the search bar is the search function. All your content can be searched here. Just enter the desired search term and you will receive suggestions as you type. Here you can select a result with mouse or arrow keys to open it.
If your desired content doesn't appear here yet, simply confirm with the enter key or by clicking on the magnifying glass icon. This way you will get all results that contain the search term. We also take spelling mistakes or slight deviations in the input into consideration for you. In addition, our search is a full text search, which means that not only the title is searched, but also the text on the slides is searched for possible results.
To browse your results better, there are possibilities to improve the view in the next section.
Sort & Show
Sort results easily and flexibly to find the content you want. Just click on the sort icon to see all sorting options.
Results can be sorted according to the following criteria:
- creation date
- edit date
- best match
In addition, the sorting direction can be changed.
Create and Upload
The "New" button can also be found in the search bar. Here you can create or upload all new content.
A click on this button opens a dropdown menu where you can perform the following actions:
- Create a new slide: Here you will switch to the slide editor and there you can define the look and content of your new slide. Read more here: Create Slides
- New presentation: Here you can create a new presentation from existing slides. Read more here: Create presentation
- New Template Set: A new template set allows you to structure new layout and background templates for your slides. Read more here: What is a template set?
- Upload a new element: Here you can select all elements you want to upload in presono. This includes images, videos, PDF files or even image sequences for our Object Viewer. Read more here: Upload media
On the left side you will find the filter bar. Here you can limit your search results. Basically there are 3 different filter types which all work the same:
As already explained in the section on colors and symbols, each content type has its own appearance. Each of these types also has a checkbox to filter for one specific type of content. Some types also have subtypes and you can use those checkboxes to filter even more precisely. The following is a complete list:
- Slides: normal slides that can be inserted into presentations.
- Overlays: Closable overlays that are opened during the presentation by clicking on a link at a slide.
- Presentations: Combined slide sequences.
- Template Sets: Within template sets, layout templates and background templates are defined. Templates are condensed to sets in order to make them better manageable.
- Pictures: The following files are possible: .jpg, .png, .gif (also animated)
- Videos: in .mp4 format
- Object Viewer: Rotatable image sequences that simulate a 3D object (.jpg and .png files)
- PDFs: Uploaded PDFs (with one or more pages) that can be scrolled through in a slide
Workspaces allow you to structure your data thematically as well as to collaborate with other users. You can use the workspace filters to show and hide content that is saved in certain workspaces.
Note that you may have different permissions or rights in different workspaces. You may be allowed to edit a slide in one workspace, but not in another. You can find more about this topic under Categories, Workspaces and Rights, Manage Workspaces and Manage Rights and Groups.
In order to make it easier to find and structure individual contents independently of the workspace, these can be categorized using customizable terms. This allows thematically related content to be structured.
Categories can also be nested. In this way, more precise distinctions can be created at a deeper level. You can find more about this topic under Categories, Workspaces and Rights, Manage Workspaces and Manage Rights and Groups.